I’m a PhD student researching the future of media at Northwestern University, working with Professor Nick Diakopoulos in the Computational Journalism Lab. I graduated from the Medill School of Journalism at Northwestern University in 2017 and am originally from Fort Wayne, Indiana.
I’ve worked in audience development and analytics at Fusion Media Group, Digiday, Pacific Standard and the Dallas Morning News. I’ve written for Pacific Standard, the Christian Science Monitor, McSweeney’s Internet Tendency and others.
- November 2019: I'm going to be at MPSA 2020 in April, presenting "Simulating Attention Allocation in Online News Communities".
- October 2019: I'll be at Complex Networks in Lisbon this December, presenting "The Network Structure of Freelance Journalism".
- July 2019: I went on the PhDrinking podcast to talk about my research.
- June 2019: I'm attending the Summer Institute in Computational Social Science at the Chicago site.
- February 2019: My first journal article was published! Read it here.